Allan Streib wrote:

Drove the car back and forth in the driveway to test the brakes now that
vacuum is working again.  Much improved, but pedal feels a bit soft
compared to my W123.  Need to get insurance on it before I give it a
road test.

Since you don't mind spending money before the road test, may as well make brake fluid part of the 'new owner fluid change' list. That should firm up the pedal if nothing's wrong. I wish I'd bought a couple of gallons of Valvoline Synpower when it was $4 a quart. The new Valvoline doesn't have as high a boiling point. I mean to change it every year or so, but so far I've never changed it soon enough to need the ATE Superblue I bought from Rusty to tell the difference between old and new.

Mitch.