That's something I didn't even think of. Those blue concrete screws are great for holding down a half wall. There you need something to keep the wall fastened down tight to the floor. As you said in a full height wall the ceiling keeps the wall down and the nails in the concrete are there just to keep the wall from walking.

Manfred

Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 21:14:57 -0400
From: "Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Power Drivers

When I was finishing out the interior of the shop building, I used
"blue" concrete nails which came in a packet with the proper size
carbide drill bit.  They went in tight and one or two broke, but they
seemed to tighten up quite well.  I used an old fashioned "brace"
and a screwdriver bit  to install them, and an electric impact wrench
on those that went in very tightly.
Of course, "shearing force" was all they had to withstand since the
tops of the partition frames were nailed to the roof trusses. If your half partition has significant "pulling forces" they might not be strong
enough but, based on my experience,  the wood would give 'way
before the screw pulled out or broke.
Gerry
'83 300D
'83 240D