Zeniths, and part of my strong distaste for carbs.... BUT a 220Sb with dual solexes would do 18 MPG.

Larry may know more, But I'd guess an M130 with the zeniths tossed in favor of webers could be tuned to do 18 MPG.

I tuned a 10 MPG truck once to get 15-16 on the road. I only changed the jetting.

But then I can take a 6-8 mpg truck and get 100 MPG with it (with NO physical changes) Just a difference of driving style.

No idea about the SBC, but if you set up and properly adjust either the Zenith or Solex carbs, these models, especially the M130 with Zeniths, will pull stumps.

Their downfall is the crappy gas mileage. Of all the cars I owned with the M130, I never, ever got better than about 14 MPG. And that was in a 1970 230C, that was one of the most fun MBs I ever owned.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone