On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Peter Frederick <psf...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> The blower is behind the right hand side dash vent.  Test by seeing if a bit
> of tissue paper will stay put on the temp sensor grille beside the sunroof
> switch.

Well, I may have to eat my earlier words to Allen---the blower failed
the tissue-paper test.  I think I changed one at one point before and
found it straightforward but a real knuckle-skinner.  I'll swap the
one from the parts car and see what happens.

> I would check the temp sensors for correct resistance at the plug, it's
> possible you have one gone wonky so that the PBCU gets a "hot air in the
> duct" signal.  Usually the evaporator sensor or the heat exchanger sensor,
> both accessable without major disassembly.

I've tested the thermistor in the overhead console (behind the
aspirator vent) before, and I know where the one for the evaporator
lives (next to the evaporator!) but where and what is the "heat
exchanger sensor"?  Never heard of that one.

Alex