Zeitgeist wrote:
Everybody's a critic, and in keeping with my shallow and vapid ways, I
don't have any actual experience with their products or engineering,
but I've always hated GM purely on aesthetic grounds.  I came of
automotive age in the early '80's, and they made (and still do)

Heh, I think the exact opposite... To me GM makes the only decent looking truck nowadays (no comment on their cars though.... goes either way depending on model). Dodge's looked really good when the new body style came out in 94-95? but the new ones just look super bloated. The 96- Ford trucks I like, and the 96+ are super bloated and plasticy looking to me. The new new ones scream "I'm compensating for something!".... same for the new Dodge body style... The UK Ranger has the same styling as the most recent F150, but since its not super bloated looks very nice!

Also really like the interiors of the 95+ GM trucks, very nice to look at, good quality for the most part, etc. Every other interior before that is ugly as hell though (what on earth were they thinking on some of those!!)

Was anything in the 80's decent looking (other than MB of course ;)?

John
'79 300SD