a) The "reserve" indicator on the fuel gauge glows dimly at all times.
b) door open, brakes cause warning buzzer to sound...

Bad ground.

c) Opening the front doors does not light the front interior light,
   though the light works using its switch.

Might be ground, could be bad door switches.  There's a diode
in the warning module that can be blown, if one door works the
lights and the other does not.  I think the 116 has the system
that the passenger door will not light the driver's side light.
(That's the diode at work.)

d) Dash illumination works [intermittently]

The rheostat gets deformed, and very dirty.  Not sure deoxit will
be of use there, often there's a mechanical problem with the
coiled resistance wire in its porcelain track.  New or good used
is your best bet there.  Most find 123 lighting too dim anyway,
but I don't know about 116.  I cleaned my 123 cluster, and lined
the light chamber and the light pipes with aluminum foil, now it
gets adequately bright.

-- Jim