Allan,

Here is what I can tell you based on your points so far>

1) Yes, probably the pump
2) Thats the servo moving... a great sign!
3) Yes, something is very wrong for this to happen.

I'd start by checking the fan motor to see if its seized, so you mentioned.
 Just apply 12V, or turn turning by hand first.  If the fan works, start
looking for vacuum leaks.

The servo will move even if there is a vacuum leak, but the fan will not
come on if the leak is bad enough.  There are some vacuum actuated switches
that needs to be tripped for the fan to work.

Don't worry about the servo or amp if you really hear the servo moving...
this is a great thing!

Good luck
Jaime