Hans Neureiter <diese...@gmail.com> writes:

> What is the "servo motor"?

Small electric motor that drives the Rube Goldberg mechanism that
simultaneously controls blower motor speed electrically, air flap
settings by vacuum, and hot water flow by mechanical valve.  It's a
clever bit of engineering; seems to me that other than the overall
complexity the main problem with it is that it was underbuilt.

> And by the way; some one told me wrong a while back when I stated that
> the '70 - '90's MB KLIMA was obtained from Crysler when they abannoned
> it.

The ACC-II system used on several models in the late '70s and maybe into
1980 was the same basic servo system Chrysler used on the Imperial.  Yes
they discontinued it before MB did.

Allan
--
1983 300D