"Proven" in science means that a falsifiable hypothesis has been tested and
not shown to be false at a certain confidence level.  For a scientific
theory to be considered sound, it must have predictive value.  It is NOT an
agreement of opinion among a number of self-styled experts.  When the
experts say..."Oh wait a minute, we didn't mean to say 'global warming', we
meant to say 'climate change'." This type of thing does not build confidence
in their predictive abilities.

We are not really sure if we are entering a period of overall warming or we
are arriving at the end of the current interglacial period!  The harm of
trying to avert a climate catastrophe is the possible creation of an
economic catastrophe. It is also the granting of a huge amount of power to
various political entities to reward friends and punish enemies.

Recent scientific work at Oregon State U. indicates that the IPCC estimates
of climate sensitivity are way off.  Recent studies in Japan indicate that
the countries in the northern hemisphere are net carbon sinks and the
tropics are net carbon sources, the opposite of previous pronouncements by
the "experts".

The bottom line is that climate "science" is not yet much of a science at
all, and that yes, this is really a political and not a scientific debate.
The point is that it is important to know where you are going and why you
are going there before you spend trillions of dollars to save the world.

Greg