Exactly that.  Mankind operates on a useful life cycle of "about" 60 years,
so anything that takes longer than that is out of his scale of
comprehension. Yet present day man is so ego centric as to believe he
really has influence on nature.

Earth cycles are on a much longer scale. Measured in centuries or eons
rather than weeks. Solar flair cycles effect earth temp, and the sun is
presently [measured in years] in a "high" cycle. Volcanic events spew
millions of tons of various materials and gases into the atmosphere. Saddam
burning all the oil wells in Kuait for months equaled the combined
hydrocarbon emissions of Europe and USA combined for 10 years. China is
building 5 new coal fired power plants each week.... so getting your
knickers in a twist over not enough  new bike paths or a few hundred
electric cars doesn't make a damn, in the big picture...

Set back, enjoy your double expresso latte` and chill... the sky isn't
going to fall in your lifetime or the next.  If it does, you will simply
die like all the rest of extinct speci that didn't make it to this point...
Earth is what? 200 billion years old? Man has been around maybe 2 million?
Modern "pollution" has only been around maybe 100 yrs of that? Get real. It
takes longer than that to erode a new river basin.

Want to do something? Stop building housing developments in flood plains,
or over earthquake fault lines or under volcanos. Want to stop Tsunami
damage, don't build on the beach.  Want to cure greenhouse gasses.. stop
cutting down trees to make enough paper to print more government
regulations or build cities and start planting farms.

Or... you could just take any Psudo-scientific BS that is being pumped at
face value and believe it is "fact".... after all AL Gore has made millions
pushing exactly that while his personal electric bill ran over $20,000 a
month to heat and cool his little modest mansion... and others like him
wrote government grants for billions more.. .. they "must be right".... ya
think?