Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 21:46:29 -0500
From: Allan Streib <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] global warming

Mike Esh <michael...@me.com> writes:

 And let's not forget about the waste vegetable oil users.  A small
 percentage of the whole and if done correctly, a safe and effective
 way reduce carbon emissions.

Any bio-fuel (biodiesel or ethanol) is pretty much carbon-neutral unless
it take more energy to produce than it yields.  I have nothing against
bio-fuels per se, but think it's not a good idea to use food crops (or
land that would otherwise be growing food crops) for fuel as it just
makes food that much more expensive.

Allan
--
1983 300D