John Ingram <joh...@cloud9.net> writes:

> Over the years I have taken most of this car apart but never an axle.
> Is it difficult to replace?  I notice that there are  replacement
> axles available starting at $159.95, remanufactured at  $270, and GKN
> Drivetech at $471.  Does anyone have any experience  with these?

Rusty claims that the Chinese axles are actually a good value in this
case.  I'd call him on Monday.

To replace, you need to open up the diff to remove the retaining clip.
After that they pretty much just pop out.  Plan on replacing the axle
seals, and the gear oil in the diff (obviously).

Allan
--
1983 300D
1979 300SD