Yes, you are correct. I am a decade off.
EeDee is a '95 W124. Ex takes good care of it and I still am consulted
(bust my knuckles).
I always thought the 201's succedes the 124's.

As far as the clatta, clatta goes, --- urban myths.
Courtesy transport from the dealer where my car was towed to after the
immobilizer went bunkers picked me up in a brand new Jetta wagon.
The driver told me it was a diesel.

10:33 PM, OK Don <okd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hans - you've been feeling the flower power a bit too much lately --
> I thought EeDee was a '95. Yes, it was a very nice ride!
> The 201 came first in '84, followed by the 124 in '86 (at least in the US).
> I own both a '90 and '92 300D 2.5 Turbo, so, yes, Diesels were (and still
> are) sold in the US.
>
> I noticed that the 2012 E350 and the 2012 E350CDI get within 1 MPG of the
> same fuel economy! All you get with the CDI is less power, higher cost, and
> the need to add that blue pee occasionally. You don't even get the clatta
> clatta from what I've read - haven't tried one on for size though.
>
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Hans Neureiter <diese...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Don; I know.
> > The '87 EeDee was a suspect.
> > I think you rode in it.
> > It as was a cross-over year and I got lucky.
> > Confusing times.
> > 124's were replaced by 201's.
> > E300D's were replaced by E300 Compressor's,
> > And after 1989 diesels were no longer sold in the USA.
> > Starting with the 190  class, I lost it.
> > Yep, they came back with diesels in the SUV market built in VA.
> > US mythology: diesels are OK in trucks (pick-ups, SUV's, Semi's and MB
> > ML's).
> > I stooped down to a VW (Diese Beetle, that is)
> > Love the thing (except the built in vase on the dash)
> > My new handle is "Daisy"
> >

>  --
> OK Don
> 2001 ML320