Ahhh, my life as a phone tech. I saw and heard of many, many mac failures.

The 9500, complete POS. As I remember you had to take the whole logic board out
to add RAM.
Actually step back a little farther to the whole nubus system; "PCI cards are
much too robust, lets make something really flimsy".

Early G5s were a delight. I had one customer who's G5 had the fan all the way
up all the time. Took it to the Apple store (this is the guy who wrote the
screenplay for "Get Shorty" BTW) and they turned the fans down. Now the fans
would never spin up so it would overheat. Took it back to the Apple store, fans
full speed again!
Finally after about a month of farting around Apple finally replaced it with an
upgraded version that didn't suck.

The last G5s were also a disaster, liquid cooling that after a number (a fairly
high number but still a finite number) of heating/cooling cycles would leak. In
extreme cases the computer would catch on fire.

Many many failures of video cards because Apple places some kind of weird
demand on the hardware manufacturers so they have to make special Mac only
cards, thus the video cards are much more expensive than PC. Oh and the
frustration (working for a 3rd party manufacturer anyway) when they bounce back
and forth between manufacturers of video cards. If you use those cards for
hardware acceleration it DOES make a difference.

The last G4s were a delight since they had no case fan... Oh wait, you want
hardware in the machine? It'll overheat, need to add a fan, no we didn't make
any provision for that.

Finally the G5 case which can't be mounted in a standard 19" rack. Apple's
solution? Cut the ears off the case...
The removable ears on the G4 were such an elegant solution!

Anyway I personally have very few computer issues period and considering the
kind of work I do (video production) and how it stresses the machine thats a
big of a surprise...

-Curt