A load of bad fuel is rare. I have a bad load of fuel maybe once in 10 years. One was a major truckstop. one was an elevator pump your own, which is generally safe. Adding an additional filter is perhaps overkill, but a good water separator can save you a lot of hassle. Bad fuel comes in two forms: rust and crud, taken out by the filter; or water, of which a small amount will be caught by the filter.

According to Murphy: you get a bad load of fuel after midnight in a blizzard or cold rain, or at some other time that is most inconvenient. The last time I had to drive over 100 miles at 35-40 until I got to a town that had a Napa store that was open. One other time, it was over 150 miles at 25-30, and these are just crud cases. With a water case, you can be F.O.R.D.

On an interstate near a large city, just call for the rollback truck. If you are on a no-shoulder road far from major cities, it can be (indirectly) fatal

I agree with Jaime.

This is another, "If the engineers at MB thought it was warranted, they would have fitted one to the cars."

Dan

Sent from my iPhone