found some old MB literature in the closet. One item is a flip book for sales lizards for models from 1980 to 1990.

Info in it for 1990 300E 2.6. (i had forgotten or never paid attention that in between the 260E and the E320 there was in fact a 300E 2.6) Unfortunately, it does not go up to 1992.

You might be interested in:
1990 Sales: 3397 units  MSRP:  $39,950

2.6L 6 cyl engine
KE-5 fuel injection
158hp@5800 rpm
162 ft.lb. @4600 RPM
Compression 9.2:1
Fuel:  Premium Lead free

Transmission: 4 Sp Automatic

Front suspension: Independent- damper struts with separate coil springs, triangular lower control arms, anti-roll bars.

Rear Suspension: Independent- multilink with five individual links, four constant velocity joints, single tube gas pressurized shock absorbers, separate coil springs, antiroll bar.

Tires and rims:  195/65 R15 91V, 6.5J x 15H2

Braking system: 2-circuit, hydraulic, 4 wheel power assisted disks

Wheelbase: 110.2"  (Same as 110 body)

Curb weight:  3265 lb.

Fuel tank capacity:  18.5 US Gallon

Trunk capacity: 14.6 cu. ft.

Standard Features:  ABS
                Electrically adjustable front seats and head restraints
                SRS

Major options:  Antitheft Alarm
                Electrically adjustable steering column
                Headlamp washers and wipers
                Leather or velour upholstery

Another thing in the box of goodies is the complete sales literature set for the 1992 model year. I think I will hang onto that until the economy recovers some, and then sell it. It probably has the info for the 1992 300E 2.6.

The thing in the box I like is a walnut plaque with an aluminum screen print repro of a drawing of the original oil engine used in the 260D. If I ever had a corner office that people came into, that would be nice to hang on the wall.

Also:
 a 1981 sales brochure
a 1985 LARGE sales brochure for 1985 TURBODIESELS Somehow I think Andrew should pay me a fortune to own that one. a really nice 230SL brochure in large format. foldout inside the cover has art featuring a 230SL in front of a harbor full of nice 1958-1963 vintage wood hulled cabin cruisers. I'd like to have that picture framed and on the wall. That brochure has to have some collector value.