Rick Knoble wrote:

Couldn't I put the drive wheels on the dolly and use magnetic base lights for
tail, brake, and turn lights?

If it's front wheel drive, yes.

I believe Mitch's Landgrebe dolly has brakes AND steering.

Steering, yes. The dolly wheels steer, which in my estimation beats the heck out of putting the disabled car on a swivel pan.

With Demco Kar Kaddy dollies, the wheels and fenders steer, which is OK until you put a wide vehicle on it and the dolly/vehicle fenders meet in a tight turn.

Brakes, I haven't bought those yet. I'm OK with no brakes behind the F250 or short hauls with the Dakota. When I get a 4matic and put a hitch on it, I'll have to put brakes on the dolly.

Mitch.