WILTON wrote:
BTW, I haven't driven on muddy dirt roads in well over 55 years, 'left NE 51 years ago, 'left the MI UP 36 years ago, 'left Greenland and the San Gabriel Mountains in So. CA 33 years ago, and rarely get enough snow here to cause any driving problem - somebody remind me why I might want/need a 4matic.

In your case, you'd be trading a mpg or two for not worrying about spring perches. In my case, the AWD comes in handy four months a year, and I'm afriad of spring perches, so I'm pretty much only looking for a S210 with 4matic. But if there's a really nice 2000-2002 out there (without Command) I might buy a W210 4matic.

Mitch.