Randy Bennell wrote:
I am surprised that it is only a couple hundred pounds. I would gues it is quite a bit more than that on a 4X4 truck.

W210 4matic is very simple mechanically. You get a center differential and a front differential (probably less than 50lb each) a front prop shaft, and two front half shafts. I'm not sure if there is a transfer case or not. All the fancy tricks are done by manipulating the existing computer controlled throttle and brake calipers. Fewer than 4 wheels want to spin? Slow them down with the brakes. All four wheels want to spin? Back off the throttle.

Mitch.