I am guessing this would be good if I used an MS OS but I am using a Linux one.

Hendrik
who has been cuddling a penguin for a while

Dieselhead wrote:
Probably just one of those evil northern hemisphere clocks. If you stand the computer on its head, maybe the machine will think it is the northern hemisphere and give you the right time.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314054 follow the instructions to the bottom.

Probably something to do with my computer, the clock keeps changing time on me, at the moment it is telling me that it is 10.48pm, while the real time is 12.28pm.

Hendrik
who needs to have a serious clean out and install the latest OS
Nope, unless you think the latest OS is XP or some flavor of *NIX