> Hendrik & Fay wrote:

> I am guessing this would be good if I used an MS OS but I am
> using a Linux one.

Then check your time zone setting.

Most likely, it is using NTP to make your local computer match
up to an internet time server.  This _should_ keep your local
computer's clock always quite accurate (error measured in
fraction of seconds).

An improper shutdown can muck with it though, 'cause the
"hardware clock" (which keeps time even when the computer is
off)  is _not_  the same as the "software clock" (which keep
time when the computer is on).  During a proper shutdown, the
hardware clock will be updated from the software clock.

And it usually works best to have the internal clock set to UTC
and have the timezone set in your login.

--      Philip