My personal experience with fuel distributors was this.  I needed, or
thought I needed a new fuel distributor for an old CIS car.  So, I bit the
bullet, and called the dealer.  I'm told new are no longer available, only
rebuilt.  Ok, how much?  $3000.  Yiles!!  Oh, and Bosch only rebuild a run,
once they get enough cores.  When is that?  Don't know.  So, even at $3000,
nothing available, and you're not sure when?  That's when I decided to see
what I could do about flushing out my fuel distributor with high doses of
injector cleaner.  What did I have to lose at that point.  Worked like a
charm, and the car now runs great.  Reason it gummed up, from what I can
make of it, was due to storing the car with a tank of gas with ethanol.
One and only time in 24 years.  Never had a problem before, or since, using
"real" gas.

Anyway, I was just curious to the cost and availability of old injector
pumps.  I would imagine the source is kind of drying up now, and with
people now using WVO in old Mercedes, that might even speed up the lack of
availability.  Might be worth plucking a spare from the wreckers and
keeping it on the shelf, even if you don't need it right at the moment.  I
know I've collected a few extra pieces over the past 6 years for the other
car, and in some cases, the price has gone up 6-8 fold since doing so!!!

Ed
300E