Oooh I do love a 116. A friend had a 116 300SD and we switched cars for a
weekend, what a great car!

Only downside is they do rust badly, worse than a 123 I think.

-Curt

Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:22:01 +0000 (UTC)
From: roger...@comcast.net
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Amazing 126

Rich ,
Being the owner of a 116 300SD for around 14 years, I too think the 126 is
blimp like. But most of all, I dislike the plastic bumpers and plastic around
the bottom of the car. More places for rust to hide and easier to scrape and
need painting if bumped. If you take a trip in a 116, you'll enjoy the old Benz
engineering; softer ride, better seats, great cruiser. I know we all love our
individual selection of cars. I also have a 123 which I seriously enjoy for
around town, but on the interstate, the 116 beats the 123 for comfort.
Again, just my opinion.
Best Wishes,

Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.