Randy,
The last I read on this a couple of years ago was that the Germans developed
synthetic diesel from natural gas during WWII because they obviously had
trouble getting regular diesel. Then a few years ago, one of the universities
on the left coast reported to have reduced the process to 4 steps. Their report
said that synthetic diesel produced better mileage, better power, and near zero
emissions. Also, they were looking at a portable production plant that could be
moved to some of the remote fields for processing and then truck the fuel to
nearby pipelines for distribution. As someone else noted about the lack of NG
fueling stations, that would not be the case as we already have diesel tanks
and stations throughout the country. As a side note, T Boone Pickens, like
others, promote what they think will make them money...to heck with you and me.
Just some extra info.
Best Wishes,

Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.