They sell a lot of BMW diesels in Europe now.  As you say, The problem
diesels are now decades behind them.  If there were such problems, I'm sure
it would be well reported.  Hard to keep such problems quiet with things
like YouTube and the internet now.

If the car isn't took old, I think BMW will offer extended warranty on one
too.

Ed
300E