eric peterson wrote:

> well I am dealing with the drivers insurance.... well
> more appropriately the drivers employers insurance
> carrier.  Driver worked for the local Trane heating
> and AC company and was driving company car.  Hopefully
> this is in my favor.

I'd think so. You never signed a contract giving that
insurance company the right to total your car. You might
be able to force them to pay whatever repair estimate you
can obtain or at least the lower of two competent estimates.
With you not being a customer of the insurance company, they
have zero incentive to play fair with you, so you can feel
safe in calling their first offer an insult.