At 05:18 PM 3/7/2012, Mitch Haley wrote:
Use two wrenches on the cooler lines. One to turn the nut and the other to hold the fitting on the filter housing or especially radiator steady. Situate the wrenches so that you can loosen the nut by squeezing the two wrenches together, then you won't put any twisting action on the fitting that isn't supposed to move. Last thing you want to do is twist the fitting out of the radiator.

I remember doing the counter holding and penetrating oil tricks on the oil cooler lines on my 83 SD and still the cooler fitting was messed up when the hose coupling finally came off. Appeared to be galvanic corrosion between the aluminum fitting and the steel hose coupling - sort of lumpy crud that when removed showed the fitting to be badly pitted. I couldn't get it to not seep oil at the lower cooler connection. I bought a second hand oil cooler by mail and found the lower fitting corroded in the same way. Salt spray I guess. Finally just slathered JB Weld on what was left of the threads of the original cooler fitting and that stopped the leak. (And now I have a spare cooler for next time.)

     Dave Gilmore, Cameron WV

Those who demand judicial diversity have implicitly given up on the rule of law.