Clint,
Those who tell you not to bother with repair are letting the odometer
influence them.

I like to tell people that these cars will run as long someone is willing
to maintain and repair them.  And they can be indefinitely repaired.  Its
when people start cutting corners and making compromises that things start
to turn sour.

Find yourself a mechanic who understands and have a valve job done.  Its a
small investment into a car that have already given you so much.

Its likely your engine doesn't need any bottom end work since its been well
maintained.

It takes a special dedication to do what you've done.  Keep up the good
work!

Jaime

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/