On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:27:34 -0500 Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alles:
>
> I need a source for a  25 Amp 110 volt AC (input) variable linear DC
> voltage control.
>
> A listing of components to build one would be ok too.
>
> Could I build such a thing out of one of the variacs I have with a
> full wave bridge rectifier?  What else might be needed for this
> approach?

It depends on what quality of DC power you need and how you are going to
use it.

If you don't mind the DC not being grounded, are careful with isolation
of the output to ground, and don't want accurate regulation, all you need
is a full wave bridge rectifier and a big hairy capacitor, BHC (tm). You
will need to be careful you don't exceed the voltage rating of the
capacitor.

Craig