I actually cut them across the top, and the end bits sorta fell out then. I put a big socket on one end of the inner rubber/metal bit, and pushed that out with a vise. I am still trying to get the lower BJ undone, tried the hot wrench and some shims for the pickle fork, still no go. Went at the BJ shaft with the sawzall but that stuff is REALLY tough, barely made a dent in it. Tomorrow another tactic will unfold I am sure.

--R

On 3/31/12 11:40 PM, Max wrote:
Rich Thomas<richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>  wrote:

  >Those inner bushings in the LCA are tough to get out, I
might
take the recip saw to them as pounding with a punch was not having
great
effect.

Yes, saw-z-all is your friend for those inner bushings.  That was my approach
on the 123 I did ages ago.