Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Arctic-Q...?

How about Willy Nelson's biodiesel company? There's somebody with
money and an actual link to the cause!

Tim
1982 300TD Moby

On 12/7/05, Bob Rentfro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Chris mentioned:

"but we could still advertise the list with magnets on our cars...without
the list we'd all be on our own."

They do a thing out here each year, the Copperstate 1000 (or something like that), which is not a rally...it's just vintage cars going roundy roundy in
Arizona. They have sponsors galore. I'd bet we'd be surprised at the
sponsors we could get. We'd have to think "outside the box". I will get in
touch with those Copperstate dudes and ask them how they go about getting
sponsors for something that isn't a race or a rally. I'm sure they have good ideas and methods. Our possibilities could be Mobil 1, Hengst/Mann Filters, Bosch, Michelin, etc. Could go into REI (camping gear) and stuff like that. I'm sure, once we get something tenativly hammered out, Chuck would be happy to speak to Mr. Frank Barrett. Chuck is a very benevolent, diplomatic human.

Bob Rentfro (studying route to Deadhorse)
'77 300D 144K
Litchfield Park, AZ