Well if would have to be a buymbparts/striplin.net thing, that way, if it did make it in the star we would get more exposure. Hmmmmmmmm....

Christopher McCann wrote:

will do. those are some great idea. At the very least, we would make it into
STAR magazine.
I'm not much for camping either...where there are bears and your food has to be 1/4 mile from your tent...even with a rifle. There ARE places to stay along the way - not many though, but enought that you would not HAVE to camp. There is always sleeping in the car/wagon/unimog (omagosh that would be awesome)/G-wagen (even better...unimog is over-kill). Chris Again, video is a great idea. I am sure there would be NO shortage of VERY memorable events to film - heck - Lt. Don got a flat in the Waffle House parking lot...what would happen to him in Alaska?

Bob Rentfro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Chris offered:

" I'll keep track of those interested."

It's 4076 miles from my driveway to Deadhorse.
Any filmmaker among us could document the trip and make a DVD. I'm sure the clowns at MBCA would be interested in a posse of old MBs making that trip. Who knows what could become of it. I'm thinking a good rendezvous point would be the poit where we'd cross into Canada...we could have our Northern Bros (Jeff, Timothy, Randy etc) meet us there and welcome us to the other side. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a diesel MB RV thing...I'm not much of a tent camper.
Keeptrack of me. I'm interested.

Bob Rentfro
'77 300D 144K
Litchfield Park, AZ

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1987 300TD, 150K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 210K, "Wulf" -1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"