I have tried to avoid using oily things as I would have to clean them in the spring before I started cutting wood again. I have used some of the commercial spray cans touted for the purpose but they are not doing the job. Cleaners and conditioners sort of things. They work fine in my basement at home but not in the garage. Maybe even paste wax would be sufficient. If I just wiped on a thick coat in the fall and did not buff it out, that might work.

Dehumidifiers don't work well at low temperatures. I wonder about the salt crystal stuff but it is so corrosive that it might cause its own problems. I also do wonder if more ventilation would help. It might make things worse temporarily but if one blew enough of the outside air inside, then things should equalize.

Randy