Run, don't walk away from it. I don't have enough time or space to say
why. Just trust me.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ed Booher
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:12 PM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: [MBZ] 84 190E - Concerns?

All,

Looking at a 190E for what I feel is a "too cheap" price of $600. The
seller says the vehicle will start and run but usually needs to be
"coaxed" into doing so. Said something like the injection pump was bad
and that the repair was more than the car is worth?

I thought it was diesels that had IP's, not gassers? But, never having
owned an MB yet I know next to nothing about them except what I've
read here.

The body appears straight and I can see no immediately apparent rust.
190,000 miles, AT (of course), have not seen interior yet. (Talked to
seller on phone, have seen a few pics)

What should I know about this so I go into this with eyes open? Is the
190E engine problematic? What questions should I ask? Why does he say
IP is bad? Are these like the 116 that traps and hides rust? Where
should I focus looking for rust? You know, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance all

--
Knowledge is power... Power Corrupts. Study hard... Be Evil.