Driving up ramps is nerve racking for me and I never liked the saddle mount
stands I've owned forever.

My whole attitude about working under the car changed when I bought the Esco
stands reviewed here:
http://revlimiter.net/blog/2010/07/mega-jack-stand-review-1/
Weight rating is similar to my old stands but the way they sit under the car
gives me piece of mind over the old racheting version. I still put stacked
2x12s under the wheels.

Dave
SoCal

'82 240D (3 pedal)