It is probably leaking out the heat exchanger up in the duct work, some pinhole leak or something. The only way to deal with that is to replace the heat exchanger. Have fun.

I was driving one day in the fam's 67 Buick Skylark and sitting at a light it started belching coolant down in the passenger footwell. ruhroh. I pulled over somewhere, found a payphone and called my dad to tell him and ask what was going on. He says the heater core is leaking, needs to be replaced. Luckily I was just down the street from a pretty good gas station/repair shop (we had no cell phones back then but actually had gas station repair shops, imagine that!) so I drove it in, my dad came to get me, they replaced the heater core for not much money. It was actually pretty easy to get at them up under the glove box, if you were something of a contortionist. I ended up changing one in some other car I had, not a lot of fun but doable.

--R