Those guys don't know sh** about older diesel Benzes. I have heard them answer questions in the past and they were completely wrong. I posted a correct answer on their web site (I think it sent an email or something to post in some forum) in the past about something, I think it was either a clacking in the rear on a 300D (bad CV joints) or something about a diesel smell in the car on a 300SD (clogged vent on tank, etc.). Might have been both. Never heard anything.

I went to their shop once when I was a student in Cambridge, their prices were way high and they were obnoxious, or at least the one I talked to about whatever the problem was. Their show is sorta entertaining, but I guess diagnosing problems on the phone is hard to do, and even harder when you don't know sh** about the car involved.

--R