Well that explains it!  What states has Craig lived in?  For some reason I
thought he lived/had lived in MA.

I live in Greenwich, CT for a short time, right near the NY state line.
 Many people who live there are VERY wealthy and tied to Wall Street (i.e.
NY stock exchange).  Even though taxes in CT are high, they are cheeper
than NY.  It was nothing to be at a stop light and be surrounded by Rolls
Royces, Ferrari's and other cars that cost a couple of hundred thousand
dollars.  Middle class income is $400,000-$500,000/year.  As you get
farther from NY, the Wall Street influence goes away.  I lived within
walking distance to the Metro North train that would take me to Grand
Central in NYC.  Traffic was terrible.  If I wanted to go to nearby
Stamford I-95 was guaranteed to be backed up, so it was nice living within
walking of downtown Greenwich.  The coast along Long Island Sound is
beautiful, and as you go farther North it is much more rural.  Personally I
see no appeal to the state whatsoever.  Maybe because I don't make millions
of dollars each year.