My M103 was in an 88, and I know I changed the belt, but I can't remember any details. I don't remember it being particularly bad or hard.

Thanks, Don.

I have looked at the manual and the individual parts (tensioner) to get a better idea of where everything is located.

I am pretty sure I can find it once I get under the hood and look closely. It's just not as obvious as some of the earlier M103 engines that I recall, or the diesels. It's a really tight place to work in, and I want to be careful and not go in there and break something...

On a related note, and for today's humor:

For whatever reason, on Friday I was really stressing out about replacing this belt and the possibility that it might break before I got the replacement from Rusty. I called him mid-day on Friday and played voice mail tag with him without ever talking directly to him. While I knew that he would come through, I was just envisioning my son in the car with it dead on the side of the road....

I slept poorly on Friday night and had several dreams, none of which were significant. However, in one of the dreams I was walking down a street when I came upon the 300E parked on the side. Why I did this, I don't know, but I unlocked the car and got into the passenger side and sat down, like I was waiting on someone. I turned to my left, looking over the driver's side of the car, and on the dash in front of the steering wheel was a Febi box (why Febi? Who knows? Its a dream!)

I opened the box, and inside was the poly-V belt for the car and an invoice from Rusty!

I don't recall anything beyond that - maybe I was able to go back to a deep sleep because I knew I would get my belt....

So the "Q" comes through - even in my dreams!

Dan