I sold the rusty, trusty, high mileage  240D, so now it’s onto the next
Mercedes Diesel.  I found a couple for around $1K.  The first one is a 1981
300D with the ACCII setup (no servo), and a 1982 300SD, both near 300Kmi.  The
300SD is supposedly a good runner with good body and interior as is the 300D.
It does have a couple issues.  First, the tranny flairs a bit between 2nd and
3rd for a few miles of driving while it’s warming up, but it’s normal when
warm.  Also, the vacuum lines/switches on the valve cover are missing.  The
seller said that he took it to a shop who told him that the missing vacuum
lines were the reason for the flairing, but I would think that it would shift
HARD if this was the case.  Should I look into it, walk away or RUN?

Kevin in Hillsboro, Oregon, Kein MB Diesel for now