I learned phonics, I think most everybody has for the last 30 years or so...

-Curt

Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 11:12:04 -0400
From: "Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1982 300SD Question

You young guys misspell so many words, I forget the true spelling and my
declining memory doesn't help either.
Many people born after WW-2 don't know how to spell.  It's because of the
"whole word" learning system adopted by many schools back then that enriched
textbook publishers because schools had to buy from the same publishers that
had the "next" set of words.  Phonics is better but schools should actually
course, with everybody texting, the Queens English will soon be a dead
language.
(End of rant)
Gerry