Curt Raymond wrote:
For what its worth I use Power Service Diesel Kleen, thats the grey bottle at
WalMart. I've had much less success using Diesel Supliment which is the white
bottle and I've never used the red bottle Diesel Emergency or whatever it is.
  In real cold weather where its below freezing all the time I use about 4oz of
Diesel Kleen at every fillup. In New England temps vary WILDLY so it might be
40F in the day time and 10F at night. Marshall says water will condense into
the tank any time temp drops 20 degrees so Diesel Kleen gives me some water
sequestering. It also raises the cetane which makes cold starting easier.
  I noticed that Diesel Kleen smells alot like Diesel Purge so I tried using it
in larger concentrations occasionally (like once every three months) to see if
it would mask Hammies failing injector(s) and it does. When the idle gets bad I
run him down to about 1/4 tank of fuel and put in a whole bottle of Diesel
Kleen (enough for 50 gallons), drive 30-40 miles and fill up. Loping idle and
hard starting disappears. I know its masking the problem but its cheap...

DO NOT USE Diesel Kleen for cold weather fuel treatment!

I quote from the Power Service page:

"Diesel Kleen does not provide any cold-weather operability benefits; Diesel Kleen is not an antigel."

http://www.powerservice.com/dieselkleen_cetaneboost.asp

http://www.powerservice.com/dieselfuel_supplement_cetaneboost.asp

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi