> I'll admit that there are many times when his right hand leaves the
> steering wheel during shifting, but the rapidity of the upshifting seems
> to rule out his foot working a clutch.

Back in the day when I was in the SCCA, a Formula Ford (small open wheel
race car) driver explained to me that the clutch is only used to take off
and stop. He said anytime you heard a gear grinding shift that was the sound
of money going into Carl Haas pocket. At the time he was the exclusive
importer of certain parts for these, I was told...

Rick Knoble
1985 300 CD