When I bought my last car in Kansas, I drove home with the Kansas tag
on it, then mailed the tag back after I got the Oklahoma tag. I had
the PO notorize the title, even though there was no Kansas requirement
for it, took to the tag agent in OK with the bill of sale, and had no
problem at all. You have to drive that car when you get the tag - they
verify the VIN.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK