To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 1:26 PM
Subject: [MBZ] dirty oil

I have about 1k on the recent oil fill in Frosch. Oil is black as night and nasty. Granted, I used rotella 20-50, but being a vergasser, there should not be the diesel sooting up of oil.

What is the group consensus on early change of oil? Should I just go ahead and toss in fresh oil and filter, or wait another few thousand? Oil pressure at idle is near nil, but at speed, I have great pressure.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1972 220D - Gump - She is green, simple and ran
1995 E300D - Cleo - Used by the Queen of Denial
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers