I see the same thing. There's a definite strobing effect with LED taillights
and brake lights. Definitely on GM products; not sure about MB.

To me, the LED blinkers are purely idiotic. The "afterglow" from an
incandescent bulb increases the chances that you will notice a blinker vs.
light that is instantly absent as the flasher cycles. And I don't buy the
argument that there are any significant energy savings to be had in such an
application.

D.