Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:44:28 -0500
From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] I'm interviewing at Taylor

We do not heat the cottage over winter. It does seem to heave a bit here
and there and does not settle down until the weather warms up enough for
all of the frost to be out of the ground.  We get some cracking of the
drywall in certain spots. I have thought some about how I might
stabilize it but have also decided that drywall is not exactly "cottagy"
anyway and have plans to cover it with pine panelling if I live long
enough (renovations tends to be a bit of a slow process out at the lake).
Mother used to spend the whole year in it and when there was heat in the
crawl space, it stayed reasonably steady.
We suffered some broken pipe joints the first year that we shut it down
but put drain plugs in at each of those spots and have not had issues
since. I am also in the process of re-plumbing the whole thing as we are
redoing the bathroom and that is the major plumbing spot anyway. There
is essentially the one bath, the kitchen sink and a hot water tank so
plumbing is not extensive. Going to use pex this time so pretty fast to
change out the old stuff.

Randy