I got to fly on a BA 777 right after they came out, it was the second BOS-LHR flight for the airplane. It was brand new, smelled like a new car, and the BA crew were soooo excited to be on it (it was "their" airplane!). I spent a good time on the flt chatting them up and getting a tour of a lot of the features of the airplane, while sipping some very old Scotch agricultural products... One of the (very experienced) pilots popped back at one point for something, we got talking too and he was really really excited to be flying it. (I got the impression he might have had a lot of hours flying in Europe in the past). I got an upgrade to First Class, and it was amazing...

Airbus.... no thanks...

--R