--R wrote:
> I got to fly on a BA 777 right after they came out...

I flew on one of the first 777 in United fleet ORD-DEN.  The captain
was impressive to hear explain the comparisons with previous
airplanes.  One comparison was the thrust in the engines - only 2
engines, compared with the 8 engines on the B-52, and lots more
thrust.  If I recall correctly, that was a promo flight at
thanksgiving, first 50 callers got $50 roundtrip fare after lunch
t-day return before noon friday, so me and two sons went to Denver to
clean gutters on Mom's house.
mao