I can't speak for an 85 model, but my 1979 300TD did not have the three point
belts, but basic two point lap belts.

I wonder if someone converted this car using an older seat and belts.  It's
certainly easy enough to do, as everything is prepped on the chassis to do it -
you merely have to add the seat cushions and the belts.  All the mounting
points and everything are already there.

Dan